Issue History iOS Problems and solutions : Early November 2013, Apple rolled out the iOS 7.0.4 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can check my previous post on the update here. Though the new iOS brings in many changes and awesome features including many new optimized application and other services, yet, issues were reported that are affecting owners of the iPhone.
Tracking issues against iOS version update
Read More : Fix Need For speed game
It started like this…
Users discovered issues residing within the brand new iOS 7 update, issues that prompted Google to release iOS 7.0.2. Soon after iOS 7.0.2 was rolled-out, complains about issues inside of iOS 7.0.2 update were received, Things like weird iMessage bug that prevented iPhone users from sending or receiving iMessages, forcing them to rely on text messages instead.
how to fix iOS 7 Problems and solutions : iOS Problems iphone workaround, solutions applicable for (iPhone, iPad & iPod) (7.0.1), (7.0.2), (7.0.3), (7.0.4)
Apple delivered an iOS 7.0.3 update to solve those issues but that did not fix everything wrong with iOS 7. iPhone and iPad users began clamoring for an iOS 7.0.4 update or an iOS 7.1 update though neither rolled out in the short term. Instead, users had to wait a few weeks for the update to arrive. When it arrived, it was iOS 7.0.4 and not iOS 7.0.3 and the update only professed a fix for a FaceTime issue and none of the other issues that users had been experiencing
And with iOS 7.0.4…
After the update arrived, we heard about a number of problems that users were having, including some issues that we were seeing on our own devices. Since then, we have been hearing more and more about issues in iOS 7.0.4 and we’ve also started seeing some issues of our own on the new iPad mini with Retina Display.
iOS Problems and solutions : List of reported and reviewed issues & potential fix applicable to (iPhone, iPad & iPod)
iOS 7 Problems : & iphone 7 screen problems
Problems with ios 7 Stuck on Apple logo Glitch: Stuck on Apple logo
If your update went wrong then you may well find that your iPhone is stuck on a blank boot screen or on the Apple logo and it won’t start up properly. You’re going to want to connect to iTunes and try DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button to turn your iPhone off.
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for ten seconds, and then release the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue to hold down the Home button until you see a pop-up on iTunes stating that “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”
- Your iPhone screen should be blank, if you see a logo or message on it then you are not in DFU mode.
- Select your iPhone in the left hand column of iTunes and select Summary then Restore.
- You may need to install the iOS 7 update again.
iOS 7 Problems battery drain :
- Disable the parallax effect that gives the home screen that 3D look by going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion.
- Turn off the background app refresh for at least some of your apps by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
- Turn off AirDrop by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and selecting the toggle in the Control Center.
- Go to Settings > Notification Center and toggle off any apps that you don’t want to include.
iOS 7 Problems & iphone 7 network problems :
Problems with ios 7 reset network settings Bug: Wi-Fi not connecting and Bluetooth not working
A lot of people have found that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions are not working properly after the update to iOS 7. They may appear greyed out in Settings and either won’t toggle on or appear to toggle on, but turn straight off again.
You should try rebooting your iPhone and your router, but it is unlikely to permanently fix the problem.
Some people have had success by removing an apostrophe from the iPhone name. If your iPhone is called something like “Mark’s iPhone” then this might work.
- Go to Settings > General > About > Name and change it to something with no apostrophe.
- Some people have reported success by putting the iPhone into Airplane mode and then going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, but the problem may return.
- You could also try going to Settings > Control Center and disable Access on Lock Screen then turn your iPhone off and on again.
- Make sure that your router firmware is up to date.
- Try backing up your iPhone and then restoring it. Check how to factory reset an iPhone for details.
- If nothing is working for you, try contacting Apple or take your iPhone into an Apple Store.
iOS 7 Problems & ios 7 keyboard lag problems :
A problem for iPhone 4 owners, but it may not be limited to that model.
- Go to Settings > iCloud and turn Documents & Data off.
iOS 7 Problems – 5 of 22
Problems with iOS 7 iTunes Bug: iTunes Store keeps crashing
- Open the Music app and tap Store in the upper left corner. You should find that the app now works, although the problem might reoccur.
- Double tap the Home button to open the multitasking menu. Close iTunes Store if it is listed. Now go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and click on your Apple ID then choose Sign Out. Sign in again and open the iTunes Store app and it should work.
iOS 7 Problems & ios 7 imessage problems :
Bug: iMessage or Face Time not working
- Turn Face Time and/or iMessage off and on again via the toggles in Settings.
- Turn off Cellular Data in Settings > Cellular and make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi, then go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You’ll have to set up your connection again, but Face Time and iMessage should now work.
- If nothing else has worked then back up your iPhone and try restoring it.
iOS 7 Problems & iphone 7 freezing issues :
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Button until you see the Apple logo.
- Try backing up and restoring your iPhone.
iOS 7 Problems & ios 7 failed passcode attempts :
Problems with iOS 7 passcode lock screen Bug:
There is a crazy way to bypass the lock screen
- Go to Settings > Control Center and toggle Access on Lock Screen to off.
- Apple has already released an update to deal with this bug and you can get it via Settings > General > Software Update.
iOS 7 Problems & ios 7 problem apps keep logging out:
Problem: Apps keep logging you out
Many users have encountered issues with apps like Mailbox and Snap-chat logging them out. App developers are working on fixes and seem to be in agreement that the way iOS 7’s background refresh works is the problem.
- Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it off for any apps where you’re finding problems.
iOS 7 Problems & ios 7 passcode lock screen Bug :
Problems with ios 7 passcode lock screen Bug: Loads of unread emails
- Go into your email account on your computer and select all your emails then choose Mark as Read. Now go back to your iPhone and the count should be drastically reduced. It may be quicker to select all, choose Mark as Unread and then choose select all again and click Mark as Read.
- You can also select Edit > Mark All > Mark as Read on your iPhone, but for it to work, you’ll need to download all your emails to the iPhone first, which can take a long time.
iOS 7 Problems iphone wont turn on :
Problem: iPhone won’t turn on
- Make sure that you’re using an Apple cable. Apple is working to block third-party cables and chargers by including an authenticator chip in its official cables. It’s not likely, but just to eliminate them as problems, try using a different cable and a different power outlet.
- Try holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least 10 seconds.
- If you are using an official cable then plug your iPhone in and leave it to charge for at least a couple of hours before trying the Sleep/Wake and Home button again. Try a factory reset.
- Try DFU mode (you can find full steps under Glitch: Stuck on Apple logo at the start of this article). If none of these steps works for you then it’s time to call Apple, or, even better, take your iPhone into an Apple Store)
iOS 7 Problems – iOS Problems motion sickness:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion. Make sure that you are using a static wallpaper via Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness, and then choose from Stills or your own photos. It’s possible that larger text will help via Settings > General > Text Size.
- You can also reduce the transparency via Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast.
iOS 7 Problems Speaker not working :
Glitch: Speaker not working
- If you’re having the problem with an iPad, try toggling the side switch. You can also check under Settings > General > Use Side Switch To and see if it is set to Mute.
- Check under Settings > General > Accessibility > Mono Audio and make sure it’s off.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button to reboot your device.
- Try restoring your iPhone.
- If you find that the headphones work then there could be a problem with the port. You could try blasting it with compressed air, or even sucking to see if anything is stuck in there. If you’re going to use a brush then be very gentle.
iOS 7 Problems control center && Media controls not working :
- A soft reset should deal with this one, so press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red “slide to power off” appears and slide it. Once the device is off, simply press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
iOS 7 Problems Receiving someone else’s messages or contacts :
You may find after updating that you end up syncing contacts, or even receiving messages that belong to another family member. This is probably because you are using the same Apple ID. Your best option is to create a new Apple ID for one of you (you’ll still be able to share an iTunes account).
- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and you can select any number or email that you don’t want to be sharing messages with. You can also change your Apple ID in here.
- For contacts, the problem is probably caused by sharing iCloud. You can go to Settings > iCloud and choose Delete Account and then Keep on My iPhone. Then use your new Apple ID to set up a new iCloud account just for you.