welcome to my Wiki Space : Today we will talk about how to upgrade my Galaxy S4 ROM to Android 7.0 Nougat without it losing all my Data and stuff ??
How is that possible …..????? Do not worry we will let you know how it works to Update galaxy s4 to nougat , In a previous article I wrote about common Galaxy S4 problems recent facts workarounds & solutions
Google’s Android 7.0 Nougat is begin rolling out and available for download via OTA or factory image. Do you want to update to Android 7.0 Nougat to enjoy all the new features as soon as possible? Here we show you how to get the new update without lost files after Android 7.0 Nougat update. You can try this guide to upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat from 6.0 Marshmallow or other Android previous versions without losing data.
Samsung Galaxy s4 was launched in 2013 and being a old device Samsung discontinued official development for the device , But the users who are using S4 and want to upgrade it to the latest android n 7.0 nougat can Use Custom ROM for upgrading . The ROM we are going to use is Cyanogenmod 14 that is based on android N 7.0 nougat .but Finally update for Galaxy S4 ROM to Android 7.0 Nougat release, also In a previous article I wrote for fix not registered on network s4 galaxy.
Two ways to upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat :
Before I explain we say thanks to All credits go to JDCTeam from XDA who have released the Android 7.1 Nougat ROM for Galaxy S4 variants.
Method 1 : how to upgrade my Galaxy S4 ROM to Android 7.0 Nougat
CM14 for Samsung galaxy S4 is based on Android N 7.0 Nougat and it comes with all features of android n 7.0 . Cyanogenmod is one of the best custom for S4 and it comes with many new features like the battery saving profile which can make your smartphone last long for many hours , Some of the main features are mentioned below :-
•Based on Android N 7.0 Nougat
•Battery Saver Tweaks
•Theme Support .
•New Android N 7.0 Wallpapers .
•Nougat 7.0 ringtones
As this is a custom ROM so there are some pre requirements you need to follow before flashing the custom ROM . Make sure you read all of them and Follow each and every Step Carefully :-
•This custom ROM is For Samsung Galaxy S4 only and don’t flash it on any other Smartphone .
•You have should have minimum 70% battery in your S4 .
•To flash the update you need TWRP / CWM recovery installed in your S4 .
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 To Android N 7.0 Nougat .
how to Download CM14 Nougat 7.0 Update for Galaxy S4 .
note : this first method is fresh install and you will lost everything when you First of all select Wipe .
– Wipe Cache
– Wipe Cache Partition
– Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S4
- First of All Download CM14 Nougat For Galaxy S4 .
- Now connect your smartphone To PC and transfer the Downloaded custom ROM .
- Make sure you paste the custom ROM in the root of SD card and not in any folder .
- Now Turn off your Galaxy S4 .
- After turn off Boot the smartphone in Recovery mode .
- Now after booting in recovery mode you will see following options :-
- First of all select Wipe .
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Now Tap on backup and make a backup of all important files .
- Now tap on install .
- Now the recovery will ask to Select the file .
- Now select the Downloaded ROM .
- Now tap On Yes Flash the update .
- After Sometime you will get ” Successfully Updated ” Notification .
- Now go back to the main menu and Tap on Reboot now .
- The first boot will take around 5 minutes .
- That is all you have successfully updated your Galaxy S4 to Android N 7.0 Nougat by using CM14 custom ROM .
q.: If i update my android phone will i lose everything ?
to answer to you i am not sure 100% but make backup for everything you want :
how to make backup galaxy s4
Method 2 :how to upgrade Android 6.0 Marshmallow to 7.0 Nougat via OTA without it losing all my Data and stuff
What is AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock ROM without gapps. Anyway to get a working system I’ ve added some changes from CyanogenMod and Codeaurora.
- Open “Settings” on your Android phone.
- Find “About phone” option under “Settings”, tap “Software update” to check for the latest version of Android. This step is critical, and you must update your phone to the latest version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow before updating to Android 7.0 Nougat, which means you need to be running Android 6.0 or higher to update to Android 7.0 seamlessly.
- Once downloaded, your phone will reset and update to Android 7.0 Nougat.
So this was our guide on How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to android N 7.0 Nougat , i hope CM14 Rom for Galaxy S4 helped you in upgrading